At Earth Born Beauty, the success of our plant based products lies in the ingredients. You can trust that our ingredients will always be natural, ethically sourced, sustainably grown and kind to your skin. We utilize only pure essential oils and plant based colorants in all of our products.
As our skin is our largest organ, it is of upmost importance that we pay attention to not only the foods that we consume but to the ingredients in the products that we use for daily care. Our skin absorbs approximately 60% of everything we put on it. Phytonutrients are the natural chemicals found in plants that contribute to providing skin with health-promoting properties. Phytonutrients are found in fruits, vegetables, beans, grains and other plants. We select essential oils, plant extracts, natural oils and butters that are high in phytonutrients.
In a world where skincare is compromised by synthetic fragrances, chemical compounds and hidden skin irritants, our commitment to enhancing quality of life through skincare is ever resound in our Clean Beauty Promise. Our Clean Beauty Promise means that our products are free from:
- Parabens are a group of chemicals widely used as artificial preservatives to prevent and reduce the growth of harmful bacteria and mold, increasing the shelf life of the cosmetics and skincare product. Studies show that they disrupt hormones in the body, harm fertility and reproductive organs, affect birth outcomes, and increase the risk of cancer. They can also cause skin irritation.
- Phthlates are chemical compounds added to plastics to increase their flexibility, transparency, durability, and longevity. They have been linked to allergies, asthma, fertility issues, reduced testosterone, abnormal development of reproductive systems in baby boys.
- Sulfates are a common surfactant found in shampoos and body washes that can be unnecessarily harsh and irritating to the skin, eyes and lungs with long-term use. They may also clog pores and cause acne.
- Mineral Oils and paraffin wax are byproducts of the refining process used to create gasoline and other petroleum products. They can become contaminated with polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), some of which are known carcinogens.
- Formaldehyde is a colorless, strong smelling gas most often associated with embalming fluid but also a common ingredient in baby care products, personal care products, nail polish and other salon products. Short-term health impacts include irritation to the eyes, nose and throat along with causing allergic skin reactions and skin rashes. Long-term impacts are linked cancer.
- Triclosan is a synthetic microbial added to some consumer products to reduce or prevent bacterial contamination. It can be found in antibacterial soaps, body washes, toothpastes, cosmetics, clothing, kitchenware, furniture, toys and mattresses. Studies conclude that it can disrupt hormone cycles, affect the thyroid, increase chances of breast cancer and cause muscle weakness.
- Synthetic Colors are dyes typically made from petroleum by products or from coal tar. Side effects are allergies, skin sensitivity and eye irritation.
- Artificial Fragrances contain chemicals derived from petrochemicals and can be harmful to human health. Side effects can include headaches, eye, nose and throat irritation, nausea, respiratory challenges such as asthma attacks and aggravate sinus conditions. Earth Born Beauty only uses only 100% Pure and Certified Fair Traded Essential Oils in our products. Essential Oils are the natural essence of plants produced by steam distillation or cold expression.